The Computer Lab is located in the CyberCenter at the Activities Center, 1 Texas Drive, across Texas Drive from the Social Center.
12 Windows PCs, 2 Macs, printers, scanner, fax, and media conversion equipment.
Club members may use the Lab equipment during Lab hours. Popular software is loaded on the Lab computers for your use. If you need to use a software program that you do not have on your home PC, check the Lab; it may be available on our computers. Internet and e-mail access via a broadband connection is available on all computer workstations.
Computer Lab General Rules
- Open lab hours: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Monday – Friday and 9 a.m. - noon on Saturday.
- A qualified Monitor / Instructor must be present for use of Lab equipment.
- Non-member residents will be allowed to visit the open Computer Lab a total of 3 times to evaluate the facilities before being required to join the Computer Club.
- Non-member residents are defined as: Members in good standing of the Sun City Texas Community Association; have been issued a CA Member Card; and have not yet joined the Sun City Texas Computer Club.
- Petitions for exceptions to the above procedures will be considered by the Executive Board.
Printer Use and Suggested Cost Recovery Contributions
The Lab has 2 printers. Care must be taken in choosing which printer you use and whether you want your printout in Black and White or in Color. When in doubt see the Monitor on duty for assistance.
Black and White printing is fastest and best quality on our HP LaserJet printer that only prints using a black toner cartridge. Good quality Black and White printing can also be done on the OfficeJet printer. The cost recovery contribution for a Black and White print job is 5 cents per page including paper on any printer.
Color printing can be done on the OfficeJet printer at a cost recovery contribution of 10 cents per page including paper. The quality of these outputs is quite satisfactory for all ordinary work and for greeting cards.
Color Photo printing, done on the OfficeJet printer, is high resolution color printing suitable for printing on photo quality paper provided by the member. This printing mode uses color ink at a high rate.
Greeting Cards. See the Monitor on duty for assistance. You must provide your own card stock. The Greeting Card has a suggested cost recovery contribution of 50 cents per card. Suggested printing cost recovery contributions are posted on the cabinet near the printers. Summarizing, these contributions are:
Black and White - 5 cents per page, paper included.
Color - 10 cents per page, paper included.
Greeting Cards (color) - 50 cents per page, paper supplied by member.
Color, Photos - $1 each, photo paper supplied by member.
CD’s, DVD’s, and USB drives are available for Lab users. The cost varies. A Monitor can assist with the purchase.