The Sun City Texas Community Association (the “CA”) provides this Website for the convenience of Sun City Texas residents, as a means of communication between and among the residents, their formal and informal organizations, CA staff, and the Board of Directors and its advisory committees. Use of the Sun City Texas Community Association Website is subject to the Conditions of Use, Prohibitions and Disclaimers outlined in this User Agreement. By accessing the Website, you agree that your use of it will be subject to these provisions.
Conditions of Use
Individuals accessing and using the Sun City Texas Community Association Website agree as follows:
- To treat other users with respect and courtesy;
- To observe reasonable standards of civil discourse;
- To post only information relevant and appropriate to the stated topic of discussion in any section or message thread;
- To respect the privacy of other users;
- To use e-mail addresses and other contact information provided in the Online Resident Directory section of the Website only for personal, non-commercial communications.
- To be truthful in your communications with others on the Website, including truthfully representing your identity and the origin of the transmission path of messages;
- To obey the policies of networks connected to the Website;
- To obey all applicable laws, including but not limited to laws regarding defamation and other tortuous conduct, obscenity, child pornography, harassment, contracts, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, and other proprietary rights;
- To ensure that any content posted on the Website does not violate the CA’s Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, or other governing documents;
- To not allow other individuals to use their password to login to the Website at any time;
- To use reasonable efforts to protect their passwords from theft or use by unauthorized individuals, and to immediately notify the CA and change their passwords should they suspect such a theft and/or unauthorized use;
- To permit the CA to track CA ID number and login data and to monitor resident use of the website and the CA’s electronic resources;
- To review this User Agreement from time to time to keep up to date on any revisions;
- That the CA Board may revise the terms of this User Agreement at any time;
- That the CA’s Board of Directors or its designee has the sole power and authority to determine both whether an individual user has violated this User Agreement and the remedial action to be taken as a result of said violations, including but not limited to removing posted content and terminating password access to the Website.
Individuals accessing and using the Website understand and agree that the following activities are prohibited:
- Transmission through the Website of material containing computer code that could inhibit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Using the Website in any manner that could damage or overburden the Website or any linked Internet service;
- Unauthorized transmission or storage; using the Website to transmit any bulk or unsolicited e-mail or advertising for any purpose, other than one related to the business of the CA or a neighborhood, club, organization, board or entity recognized by the CA and authorized by the CA to use the Website’s e-mail services;
- Disclosure of confidential information or divulging any personal information of other residents, including e-mail addresses and other contact information, to third-parties that are not otherwise authorized to access such data on the Website;
- Harvesting screen names, e-mail addresses or other identifying/contact information from or through the Website;
- Illegal copying and posting of unauthorized inappropriate or unlawful material, including but not limited to any pornographic or sexually explicit images or data;
- Unauthorized circumvention of security measures and unauthorized accessing of others’ files or information.
Any individual using the Website does so at their own risk. The CA makes no representations or warranties with regard to the use of the Website, and disclaims liability for any and all damages incurred as a result of using the Website. The CA does not endorse or otherwise make any representations or warranties regarding either products or services listed/advertised on the Website by third-parties or the use of third-party sites linked to the Website. The CA is not responsible or liable for the content posted on the Website by individual residents.