- Austin Honor Flights>>
- Burial Benefits >>
- Heroes Night Out >>
- ID Cards >>
- License Plates for Veterans (plus Woman Veteran plates) >>
- Veteran Organizations>>
- Williamson County Veterans Service Office >>
Austin Honor Flights
Contact: Steve Quakenbush, Chief Executive Officer, 512-992-7133 or [email protected]
Website: www.honorflightaustin.org for more information on Honor Flights.
You may be eligible for burial benefits
Are you a veteran of any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces? Did you receive an honorable discharge from active duty? If you can answer yes to both of these questions, then you and your spouse are probably eligible for an incomparable benefit provided by the State of Texas – a burial at a State of Texas Veterans Cemetery.
There is no charge for burial of eligible veterans, spouses, and qualified dependents.
The burial benefit includes the grave plot, the opening and closing of the grave, a concrete grave liner for casketed burials, a headstone or marker, and perpetual care of the grave. Interment options include casketed burials, interment of cremated remains in a columbarium or in-ground burial section, and a scattering garden for cremated remains.
A visit to the Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery (CTSVC) will allow you to see the high caliber of the facility. The cemetery is located about 13 miles north of Florence on SH 195 and is open to the public daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Eligibility & Preregistration *
Veterans interested in this benefit should review their eligibility with a veteran cemetery representative. The Texas program allows you to preregister to reserve a space.
Contact a member of American Legion Post 228 here in Sun City
Contact Legion Commander Larry Mladek, 915-276-4258 and he or a member of the American Legion will contact you for assistance. They will be able to provide you with information and help with the preregistration process.
* You will need a copy of your DD214 and your marriage certificate.
Visit the CTSVC Facebook page.
Contact the Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery in Killeen at 254-616-1770.
Heroes Night Out
Camp Mabry, Austin
Austin Bldg. #34, Soldiers and Airmen Support Center
ID Section Located off South MoPac, exit #35
Hours: M-F 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Fort Hood, Kileen
Copeland Center ID Card Office
Appointments recommended: 1-254-553-4444
Hours: M-F 7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
License Plates for Veterans (plus Woman Veteran plates)
Click Here to go to the Texas DMV page to print license plate applications. Scroll down to the desired plate.
- Form VTR-424 is the application for armed forces, coast guard auxiliary, merchant marine & civil air patrol license plates.
- Form VTR-615 is the application for disabled veterans
Special Woman Veteran Plates
- Click Here to apply for a Texas woman veteran plate
- Click Here to apply for a Texas woman disabled veteran plate
- American Legion Auxiliary Unit 174: Meets monthly the second Thursday at 7:00 PM at the Georgetown VFW Hall. Contact Audrey Anderson at [email protected] or 512-731-8166.
- American Legion Abe A. Harrison Post 174: Membership eligibility is one day of active duty during a declared conflict. 1000 N. College St., Georgetown, 512-635-7341
- Website - https://alpost174gtx.wixsite.com/georgetown
- American Legion Eli Lamar Whiteley Post No. 228: Meets 3:00 PM, third Sunday of the month at the Mesquite Room of the Oaks in Sun City. Post Commander Larry Mladek, 512-276-4258. Website- https://deb561.wixsite.com/legionpost228
- Military Order of the World Wars: The Capt. Robert Dilworth-USN chapter is open to former commissioned officers from all military branches. Meets the first Saturday morning each month. Contact Vic Pierson at 512-868-8501.
- Marine Corps League Williamson County Detachment: Eligibility is former service in the Marine Corps. Contact Sun City Texas resident Ed Hark, 512-869-0197.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 8587: Eligibility is campaign service medal or service in a foreign war zone for a minimum of 30 consecutive days. Call 512-863-2535 for more information or visit Website: http://www.vfw8587.org.
Williamson County Veterans Service Office
Provides support obtaining benefits
Williamson County has three locations:
100 Wilco Way Ste. V101
Georgetown, Tx 78626
1801 E. Old Settlers Blvd. Ste. V125
Round Rock, Tx 78664
412 Vance St. Ste. V108
Taylor, Tx 76574
Our hours of operation at M-F 8am-5pm by appointment only.
Veteran Services | Williamson County, TX (wilcotx.gov)