- Burial Benefits >>
- Heroes Night Out >>
- ID Cards >>
- License Plates for Veterans (plus Woman Veteran plates) >>
- VFW Post & Veterans Groups >>
- Williamson County Veterans Service Office >>
You may be eligible for burial benefits
Are you a veteran of any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces? Did you receive an honorable discharge from active duty? If you can answer yes to both of these questions, then you and your spouse are probably eligible for an incomparable benefit provided by the State of Texas – a burial at a State of Texas Veterans Cemetery.
There is no charge for burial of eligible veterans, spouses, and qualified dependents.
The burial benefit includes the grave plot, the opening and closing of the grave, a concrete grave liner for casketed burials, a headstone or marker, and perpetual care of the grave. Interment options include casketed burials, interment of cremated remains in a columbarium or in-ground burial section, and a scattering garden for cremated remains.
A visit to the Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery (CTSVC) will allow you to see the high caliber of the facility. The cemetery is located about 13 miles north of Florence on SH 195 and is open to the public daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Eligibility & Preregistration *
Veterans interested in this benefit should review their eligibility with a veterans cemetery representative. The Texas program allows you to preregister to reserve a space.
Meet with a Volunteer in Sun City on Wednesday
You can meet with a CTSVC volunteer here in Sun City to learn more about the preregistration process every Wednesday from 1 - 3 p.m. in the lobby of the Social Center, just before you enter the Ballroom.
* You will need a copy of your DD214 and your marriage certificate.
Visit the CTSVC Facebook page.
Contact the Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery in Killeen at 254-616-1770.
Heroes Night Out
Camp Mabry, Austin
Austin Bldg. #34, Soldiers and Airmen Support Center
ID Section Located off South MoPac, exit #35
Hours: M-F 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Fort Hood, Kileen
Copeland Center ID Card Office
Appointments recommended: 1-254-553-4444
Hours: M-F 7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
License Plates for Veterans (plus Woman Veteran plates)
Click Here to go to the Texas DMV page to print license plate applications. Scroll down to the desired plate.
- Form VTR-424 is the application for armed forces, coast guard auxiliary, merchant marine & civil air patrol license plates.
- Form VTR-615 is the application for disabled veterans
Special Woman Veteran Plates
- Click Here to apply for a Texas woman veteran plate
- Click Here to apply for a Texas woman disabled veteran plate
VFW Post & Veterans Groups
1000 North College St., Georgetown. Call 512-863-2535 with any questions.
If you are eligible, please stop by the VFW Post to pick up applications for any of these groups. The VFW is the meeting place for all of our veterans' organizations:
- American Legion Auxiliary Unit 174: Meets monthly. Contact Dianne Cole-Bronczyk at email@example.com or 678-464-1123.
- American Legion Post 174: Membership eligibility is one day of active duty during a declared conflict. Contact Glenn Mautner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-240-5033.
- Military Order of the World Wars: The Capt. Robert Dilworth-USN chapter is open to former commissioned officers from all military branches. Meets the first Saturday morning each month. Contact Vic Pierson at 512-868-8501.
- Marine Corps League Williamson County Detachment: Eligibility is former service in the Marine Corps. Contact Sun City Texas resident Ed Hark, 512-869-0197.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 8587: Eligibility is campaign medal service, AFE or service in Korea for a minimum of 30 consecutive days. http://www.vfw8587.org.