Williamson columns (early Del Webb)
Are hollow, made of 1" yellow pine
Contractor Work Times within Sun City?
You can work from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. according to the noise ordinance in the City of Georgetown
Neighborhood Sign Paint Colors
For NH entry signs if you provide Sherwin Williams on Williams Drive with the following order #'s they will be able to pull up the colors.
- # 0172432 will bring up the paint identified for entry signs (creamy-ish color)
- # 0200209 and mention green match – that is a blended color created for the trim (a sort of turquoise).
The prohibition on roaming cats is found in both the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs) and an interpretation by the Covenants Committee.
Temporary COVID-19 Requirements for Estate Sales
The Sun City Texas Community Association Board of Directors approved a change to the current, online-only restrictions for estate and moving sales. All rules in effect pre-pandemic are still in effect. The new rules include the following rules:
- No more than five shoppers in a house at a time.
- Shoppers and estate/moving sale staff must wear masks.
- Estate/moving sale staff may have up to three staff members in the house.
- One estate/moving sale staff must be outside managing shoppers waiting to enter the house
- Estate/moving sale staff will mark out 6-foot distances on the walkway/driveway to maintain at least 6-feet physical distancing.
- Estate/Moving sales companies are encouraged to make appointments for shoppers.
Please contact Carl Zimmerman at 512-948-6243 with your questions.
Current Estate Sale Company Emails:
- Chantal Evans, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scott Steinbach, email@example.com
- Debbra Pearcy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logan Duplant, email@example.com
- Randy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lori Matlock, email@example.com
- 'Bobby O'Neal', firstname.lastname@example.org
- Terri Butt, email@example.com
- Julia Wells, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relic Road Estate Sales, email@example.com
- 'TMR', firstname.lastname@example.org
The only garage sale that can be held in Sun City is the twice a year garage sale sponsored by the Kiwanis Club on the main parking lot at Del Webb and Sun City Blvd.
Although garage sales can't be held at individual residences, a one time estate sale can be held when a homeowner has passed away or is relocating due to deteriorating health. The estate sale will be held in a professional manner by a commercial estate agent. Below there is a list of estate sale agents who have conducted estate sales in the Community.
Directional signs are not allowed but one sign may be placed in the front yard of the home on the day of the sale. The address of the home can't be published prior to the day of the sale and the sale must be held in a way that doesn't adversely impact the neighbors.
A form agreeing to abide by the guidelines for the sale is to be filled out by the agent and initialed by the homeowner prior to being submitted to the Director of Community Standards prior to the planned day of the sale.
This form is available from either in hard copy from the Community Standards Department or by email to email@example.com.
Estate Sale Companies
The following estate sale companies have conducted sales within Sun City:
Caring Transitions Austin North
7421 Burnet Road Suite 300-530
Austin, TX 78757
Chantal's Estate Sales
1801 South Mo-Pac Expressway, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78757
It's 2 Much Stuff
Senior Move Manager
My outdoor flashing light has stopped working. Where can I get a new flasher?
If your 911 locator light switch stops working, it may not be broken. There is a reset lever in the lower left corner of the switch. If the switch does not turn the outside lights on, try pulling this reset lever down with your fingernail and push it back up. If a power surge trips the switch, this reset should restore the switch to working condition.
If this does not fix the problem, you will have to replace the switch. If you turn on the lights and you see a bright flash in the switch, it has probably lights off, and you will need to replace the switch.
The original switch was made by Leviton, but they no longer make that switch. There is a replacement switch made by Pass & Seymour, model TM8LOCATORW, the last letter indicating switch color. The switch is available from:
Westside Electric Supply, Inc.
1530 N. LaFox St.
South Elgin, IL 60177
The switch will fit right into the place of the old one. It is as easy to install as any light switch with two wires to connect. Be sure to trip the circuit breaker before removing the old switch. If you have never replaced a light switch, get someone who has to change this one for you.
Please do not use this switch to flash your outside lights to help the pizza delivery man find you house. It is only for 911 emergencies to help the vehicles find your house.
The switch mentioned in the article above can also be found at: https://octopart.com/tm8locator-w-pass+%26+seymour-47240940
or more recently:
When do I need to fill out an application for modification?
Anytime a change is being made to the exterior of the residence or property the Design Guidelines should be consulted. If the change is listed on the "No Paperwork" list, and the guidelines referred to for that item have been met, an application need not be submitted. In all other cases, Form B-1 or Form B-2 needs to be filled out.
Where do I find replacement lights for address fixture on house?
Monitors, Community Standards Office, Member's Services currently have them for free.
Ace Hardware also has them.
Where do I find replacement address tiles?
Faded house numbers:
- touch up with black marker
- entire housing with tiles and light can be purchased at:http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sea-Gull-Lighting-Antique-Bronze-Powdercoat-Aluminum-Address-Sign-Light-Fixture-9600-71/204774155?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal1_rr-_-204773847-_-204774155-_-N
Is there a time at which I can mow my lawn?
Noise is often paired with nuisance if too loud or at a time residents would reasonably expect to be able to enjoy quiet.
Sec. 8.16.040. - Certain construction noises prohibited without permit.
"No person shall cause, suffer, allow or permit during nighttime [defined elsewhere as between 10pm and 7am] and/or on Christmas, New Year's Day or Thanksgiving, the creation of noise in connection with construction, drilling, earthmoving, excavation, demolition, alteration or repair work or the operation of any tools or equipment used for any such work, including the operation of a machine that separates, gathers, grades, loads, or unloads sand, rock, concrete or gravel without first obtaining a permit from the Director pursuant to Section 8.16.050. Such noise is declared to be a nuisance and does not have to exceed the specifications for sound levels contained in this Chapter or disturb a particular person in order to constitute a violation of this Section. The requirements of this Chapter are independent of and in addition to any other permits, certificates of occupancy, zoning or platting requirements or other requirements of the law and the fact that a person or an entity has acquired any other such authorization from the City shall not exempt them from the requirements of this Chapter."
Who maintains my mailbox?
Residents are responsible for their mailboxes.
- Replacement numbers and mailboxes can be found at Ace Hardware.
- Replacement poles and mailboxes can be ordered from Bowman Construction.
Can I protect my property from wild animals?
Yes, please refer to §4.24
Where, and what kind of flag, can I fly?
We allow flags to be mounted on the garage or columns of the house without filling out an application as long as the guidelines are followed. In order to install a permanent flagpole up to 20' high, Form B-1 application, as well as a plot plan indicating where on the property (as mandated by the Design Guidelines) the flagpole will be located (within 5 feet of house and 20' from side property lines), must be submitted to the Modifications Committee for their review and approval.
What are the recognized holidays?
- New Year's Day – January 1st
- Valentine's Day – February 14th
- Presidents Day-- third Monday in February
- Texas Independence Day – March 2nd
- St. Patrick's Day – March 17th
- Easter – Friday through Sunday April/May
- Memorial Day – Last Monday in May
- Flag Day – June 14th
- Independence Day – July 4th
- Labor Day – 1st Monday in September
- Patriots Day – September 11th
- Halloween – October 31st
- Veterans Day – November 11th
- Thanksgiving Day – 4th Thursday of November
- Christmas Eve – December 24th
- Christmas Day – December 25th
- Hanukkah – Dates Vary
- Kwanza – December 26th through January 1st
- New Year's Eve – December 31st