Ticket Guidelines and More
- Tickets may be refunded within 24 hours of purchase. After 24 hours, all tickets are non-refundable (see Ticket Resale information below).
- Communication related to CA events is sent to the ticket purchaser’s email address that is on file at the time purchase is made. If multiple tickets have been purchased, it is purchaser’s responsibility to relay information to other members of their party.
- Residents may purchase up to 10 tickets for dances/performances, 2 tickets per household for free movies, and up to 4 tickets for bus trips. For overnight bus trips, each household may purchase 1 double ticket (which allows for 2 people) or 1 single ticket (for 1 person).
- Due to limitations and restrictions at some venues, attendees on CA-sponsored bus outings must be 21 yrs. or older. There may be exceptions on a case-by-case basis depending on the destination, so please contact the outing's designated Trip Leader for more information before purchasing tickets.
- If event details are changed, the ticket purchaser will be notified via email. If multiple tickets have been purchased, it is purchaser’s responsibility to relay information to other members of their party about changes.
- When purchasing tickets for others, be prepared at time of purchase to submit your guests’ names, menu selections, and other information as needed per Sun Rays article. Residents are responsible for their non-resident guests and must accompany their non-resident guests to CA events/bus outings.
- Due to low ticket sales, weather conditions, or other unforeseeable situations, the CA must occasionally cancel or reschedule an event. Cancellation/reschedule notification will be made via email to all ticket purchasers.
- Unless otherwise noted, tickets for onsite events which have not sold out will be available to the public 24 hours prior to an event. Nonresidents may purchase by credit card through Member Services 24 hours prior to the start of an event, or by cash at the door 30 minutes prior to the event start time. Nonresidents cannot purchase tickets online.
- All ticket sales are first come, first served. Tickets become available for new events the first business day of each month at 9 a.m. and can be purchased online or at the Member Services Office. We do not take in-person or phone reservations; nor do we place reservations on hold.
- Many “hot” events sell out quickly so plan to purchase tickets as early as possible. Some events may have deadlines for ticket purchase. Check your Sun Rays or online Activities Calendar for information.
- Short Term Renters who do not have online ticket purchasing capabilities must purchase tickets at the Member Services Office.
CA Office does not manage ticket resale for you. It is your responsibility to resell or give away tickets to another resident if you are unable to attend an onsite event or bus outing.
How to resell:
- Check with the Member Services Office (512-948-7720) to see if there are potential buyers on the "Want to Buy" List. This List is for bus outings only.
- Post a 'For Sale' notice on the Community Message Board.
- Post a 'For Sale' notice on the bulletin boards in the Social Center and/or Cowan Creek lobbies. Stop by the Monitor’s Desk to post.
If you lose your ticket, you may use your receipt for admission.
Ticket Cancellation Policy
As noted above, occasionally the CA must cancel or reschedule an event. Cancellation/reschedule notification will be made via email to all ticket purchasers.
After you are notified of a cancelled event, we will process your refund on your credit card or you will receive your refund by check mailed to you within 2 weeks.