Where Do I Find?
What will you find in our library? A little bit of everything!
Feel free to ask a volunteer for help! Our friendly volunteers will be wearing a library volunteer name badge.
How is the library arranged?
As you enter the library:
Nonfiction - left wall, arranged by categories (see category list below)
Fiction - center shelves (including Classic Fiction and Short Stories)
Special Collections - right wall
- Large Print
- Classic Non Fiction
- Staff Picks
- Award Winners
- Local Authors
- Pocketbook Westerns & Harlequins
- Audio Books
- AME: AMERICAN HISTORY - history and culture of U.S., Canada, and Mexico; separate from general world history
- ANI: ANIMALS AND PETS – personal accounts and stories about influences animals have in our lives
- ART: FINE & APPLIED ARTS – art, architecture, crafts, film, gardening, interior design
- BIO: BIOGRAPHY – biographies are labeled and shelved under the person the biography is about - MIL, SPO, TRA content may be under 2 categories.
- CUR: CURRENT EVENTS & SOCIAL ISSUES – present-day political events, civil rights, social/family issues, international events, economic, environmental and technological issues
- HEA: HEALTHY LIVING – personal health and fitness, nutrition, safety issues, disease, self-improvement, family issues, psychological issues
- HIS: HISTORY – historic world and political events, Holocaust, ancient and archeological discoveries
- HUM: HUMOR & SATIRE – humorous not-quite-memoirs, political satire
- LAW: LAW & GOVERNMENT – constitution and the judicial system, espionage, law enforcement, true crime
- MEM: MEMOIR/AUTOBIOGRAPHY – memoirs are labeled and shelved under the person the memoir is about - MIL, SPO, TRA content may be under 2 categories.
- MIL: MILITARY & WAR – history of wars, weaponry, personal experiences, memoirs and biographies if primarily about military and war
- REL: RELIGION & PHILOSOPHY – descriptions of religions and philosophies, all religious beliefs
- SCI: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY – all natural and abstract sciences; engineering, inventions, space exploration, ecology, weather, physics
- SPO: SPORTS & GAMES – athletics, games and puzzles, memoirs, biographies of athletes if primarily about sports
- TEX: TEXAS – history and geography of Texas thru fiction and nonfiction
- TRA: TRAVEL & GEOGRAPHY – memoirs, personal accounts, mountaineering, voyages, topography, culture and customs
- CLASSIC literature begins with the 19th century (1800 to current). A Classic genre label is affixed at the top of the book spine and is shelved in the Fiction free-standing shelves or in Nonfiction, and labeled accordingly. These books are stamped "Do Not Discard" on the copyright page.