Junior Camp 2019
Session 1: June 11-14 – 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Session 2: June 18-21 – 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
What is Junior Camp? Junior Camp is a day camp for 160 grandchildren (80 each session) to experience Sun City activities – bocce ball, swimming, tennis, acting, golf, ceramics, gardening, fishing, and more. Staffing includes director, nurse, counselors, volunteer Sun City club members, and lifeguards who all help provide a fun and safe environment. Cost is $300 per camper which includes breakfast, lunch, snacks, camp T-shirt, and all activities.
Who is eligible to attend? Campers must be 7-11 years old at the time of camp. No exceptions due to Texas licensing. Also, we are not licensed to accommodate children with special needs.
How do I sign up? Because of the popularity of Junior Camp we hold an annual drawing to determine the participants. The 2019 drawing will be held Tuesday, February 19, 10 a.m. in the French Room. Attendance at drawing is not required.
How do I enter the drawing?
- Beginning Wednesday, Jan. 2, fill out an entry form and place in designated Jr Camp drawing box.Entry forms and box are located at the CA Monitors Station, 2 Texas Drive. Only one form per household.
- One entry form will allow for one OR two grandchildren to be entered in the drawing. No more than two grandchildren allowed per household.
- If grandchildren have more than 1 set of grandparents in Sun City, the children’s names can be submitted under ONE AND ONLY ONE household.
- You MUST select Session 1 OR Session 2 for each grandchild.Do not leave the session information blank, or your entry will be disqualified.Your two grandchildren do not have to attend the same session.
- Camper name and birth date, grandparent name, phone number and email is required to enter.
- Do not ‘stuff the box.’ If duplicate household or grandchildren names are drawn, your entries will be disqualified and eliminated. No exceptions.
- We will draw out the entire box of entries to ensure there are no duplicate entries and also to create a wait list.