Zoom - Advanced
Class session: One 90-minute online class, divided into three topics:
1. Scheduling a safe meeting
2. Using advanced features (e.g., co-hosting, break-out rooms)
3. Reducing Zoom stress
Zoom is a free teleconferencing format and allows people to meet virtually to share ideas and information. If you wish to host Zoom sessions, you will want to learn about the ways you protect yourself and your participants as you share information and data.
· You must have used Zoom at least once and be familiar with its basic functionality. Make sure you have the latest version of Zoom.
· Please use a well-known browser. Browsers that seem to work well with Zoom are Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
The main focus of the session will be on best practices related to the safe scheduling of the meeting and the use of advanced features such as co-hosting and break-out rooms. We will also talk about issues of audio, lighting, and network.
During this session you will learn how to:
· Control Zoom’s settings to maximize participants’ privacy and safety
· Use co-hosting
· Handle issues with sharing
· Best practices around audio and video
· Understand why and how to use break-out rooms
· Reduce the stress induced by hosting Zoom sessions