MS PowerPoint 101
Class Sessions: Two, 2-hour classes
Familiarity with Microsoft products, such as Word, or equivalent window-based programs.
This survey course provides a basic knowledge of how to construct and edit PowerPoint presentations. Recommendations of effective slide design and and presentation techniques will be included. Ways to use PowerPoint other than in presentations will be provided.
By the end of this course, you will be able to design and build a PowerPoint presentation. You will understand how to:
- Build slides using the PowerPoint Ribbon
- Edit and manage slides
- Construct slide backgrounds or select background themes
- Select and change character fonts, font sizes, and font colors
- Insert photos, tables, spreadsheets, and information from other sources
- Use transitions and animations
- Apply research-based strategies to maximize presentation effectiveness
- Use PowerPoint in at least 20 ways other than in presentations