Class Sessions: Two, 2-hour classes
Must be thoroughly familiar with Mac-keyboard skills. This is a basic class in Mac Word Processing, but not in Mac-keyboard skills.
Mac-Pages is unified (mac-based) with other devices, but the emphasis will be using Pages on a computer, although you are welcome to use an iPad or other compatible devices.
Mac-Pages is a Word Processor/Desktop Publisher and we will explore the BASIC capabilities that might be practical and (hopefully) useful for Sun City residents.
We will learn about the following in some detail and as time permits:
- The User Interface and Definitions
- Toolbars and Customizing Toolbars
- Page and Section breaks
- Adding a Table of Contents
- The "Document" Inspector
- The "Format" Inspector
- The Style Tab & Paragraph Styles
- Borders and Rules
- Working with Placeholders and Anchors
- Working with and Formatting Tables (Covered fully in Mac-Numbers)
- Adding and working with Shapes
- Working with Mac-Pages Templates
- Working with Your Own Templates and saving them
- Making a "Family Newsletter" (as time permits)