This Communicator from the CA Board and Staff contains an update on the status of COVID infections in Williamson County and how we are going to address this issue for residents of Sun City Texas. The status in the county has been elevated to Orange – next to the highest alert.
The country is moving ever closer to a vaccine that should lead us out of this pandemic.
With the latest spike in COVID cases and the upcoming holidays, we are asking each of you to remain diligent a bit longer. The vast majority of you have done a commendable job of wearing masks, maintaining social distance and sanitizing while treating the matter seriously and responsibly.
Unfortunately, the number of positive cases has risen in Sun City Texas (and in the Georgetown area). Our Sun City community has suffered its first deaths due to COVID. With the holidays fast approaching and understanding that time with family and friends is a real need, we do not need to take a step backwards.
We feel we have the guidelines in place to keep us safe and are imploring Sun City residents to be extra diligent in their efforts to apply all of these precautions. If you hold a different view please respect the safety concerns and needs of your fellow residents and the CA staff.
The following changes and requests are effective Wednesday, Nov. 18 through the end of December in an effort to get us through the holidays and this COVID increase as safely as possible.
- All advisory committee meetings will be virtual only.
- Indoor club activities with currently approved transitional plans or guidelines can continue but with increased diligence on the wearing of masks, social distancing, sanitizing and, in particular, the avoidance of gatherings even in small numbers.
- Outdoor activities with currently approved transitional plans can continue but with increased diligence on the wearing of masks, social distancing, sanitizing and, in particular, the avoidance of gatherings even in small numbers.
- No club activities with visitors or outside/non-family teams; except for the few remaining events managed by the golf staff.
- The following changes in Office Administration activities:
- Community Standards Customer Service Office will roll-back to “by appointment only” and the Community Standards Office in the Billiards Center remains closed to residents
- Member Services remains open per its current guidelines Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Current Fitness Center procedures and activities remain in place.
- The following changes in Lifestyle & Activities
- No snacks allowed at movies.
- Library hours slightly reduced to Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-noon.