Saturday, Oct. 9, SCPL, 8 a.m. - 12 noon
$45 per booth space (includes 1 table per space)
Garage Sale spaces go on sale Aug. 2 at 9 a.m.!
Garage Sale Definition: a sale of used household or personal articles (such as furniture, tools, clothing, miscellaneous household items) to clear out unwanted stuff.
The Sun City Texas Community Association and Sun City Kiwanis host a public garage sale twice a year for residents to sell their unwanted items and shop for new treasures.
Only Sun City Texas residents may purchase booth spaces. If you would like to be a seller of goods and your items fit the above definition, purchase your space online or through Member Services. All garage sale spaces are the size of a parking spot, approximately 10 X 15. Cost per space is $45, which includes one table. Spaces will be available for setup on Friday, Oct. 8 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
NOTICE TO SELLERS:
- No craft or resale items are allowed! This is a garage sale – not a craft fair or a vendor fair.
- Items for sale will be strictly enforced. Violators will be expected to immediately remove unacceptable items upon request from CA staff.
- Each space will include one table (approx. 8' X 2 ½' or 6' X 2 ½').
- Sellers may bring additional tables or shelving if desired as long as they fit in your assigned space.
- No set-up or vehicle traffic is allowed inside the sales area on Saturday morning, Oct. 9.
- At completion of the sale, it is each seller's responsibility to: 1) break down empty boxes and carry to recycling area; 2) discard all trash into containers or take trash home; 3) carry unsold and unwanted items to donation trucks; 4) leave space as clean as was provided at set-up; and 5) check-out with a Kiwanis volunteer. Violators will be assessed a $30 fine.
- Security officers will be onsite to patrol the sales area Friday evening, Oct. 8 to Saturday morning, Oct. 9; however, the safety and security of your items cannot be guaranteed by Sun City Texas CA or Sun City Kiwanis.
- It is advisable to cover all of your items in the event of inclement weather.
- Only one rain date is scheduled: Saturday, Oct. 23. If also rained out, purchasers will receive a full refund for the cost of their space(s).
To donate your garage sale items to Sun City Kiwanis, please call 737-255-2907 for pickup information. They will be picking up items each Friday from Aug. 6 through Sept. 24. Sun City Kiwanis will not pick up washers, dryers, refrigerators, hide-a-beds, pianos or TVs. All money received by Sun City Kiwanis from the sale of donated items goes to the children of Williamson County.